Published: May 2, 2018
- Engineers will work with publicly owned infrastructure such as hospitals, schools, roads, utilities and water, sewers.
- Conduct damage assessments for funding eligibility (repair or replace)
- Obtain necessary documentation from applicant to show pre-disaster conditions, maintenance records, insurance claims and other documentation needed.
- Conduct detailed cost estimates of the damages
- Determine if there are any mitigation opportunities to minimize or eliminate chances of these damages occurring again
- Enter findings into Excel based spreadsheet and submit into company’s database for approval.
- Design and supervise the construction of roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply and sewage systems.
- Consider various factors in the design process; construction costs, expected lifetime of project, government regulations and potential environmental hazards such as earthquakes and hurricanes.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must have four years of progressive engineering experience under a PE.
- Various positions available